Listed below are essential points to consider when deciding to launch a blog for your company website:
- Write Well—Include compelling opening paragraphs and descriptions. Take care with spelling, paragraph breaks, fonts, and target your audience with your tone. Select unique subject matter or try a unique approach to an old subject.
- Utilize On-Site SEO—Use titles and keywords to syndicate headlines. Those Google thread seekers will find you if you post often.
- Use Tags to Organize Posts—This allows you to group together related posts for related searches.
- Customize Your User Experience—Things to consider would be: colour scheme, and way-finding. If in doubt, hire a designer.
- Offer Feed Subscriptions—You can do this using RSS feeds, subscription buttons, and e-mail newsletters every time you post.
- Manage Your Comments for Spam—Likewise provide feedback to commentators and keep your response time short.
- Include Good Links—Anchor them with compelling titles. Try to stay away from ‘click here.’
- Encourage Sharing with a Share Bar—This allows people to Tweet and share your post on Facebook, Google+, Stumble-Upon or Foursquare.
- Market Your Blog Online—Post links in related Forums on other sites or use a blog post syndicator to boost your readership.
- Add Widgets to Your Blog—These are feeds to other platforms, like twitter or Google+. Linking to other social media is always good to keep people engaged.
- You Don’t Have to Call it a “Blog”—For a business blog, you can title it anything you wish; journal, daily-log, newsroom, pressroom, buzz, information center…but the traditional “blog” is timeless.
After all these, people will enjoy reading your blog where they can learn about the product or service they are seeking